Hi all!

I have been struggling to correct skin tones in GIMP without affecting
other colours of the image. The problem is that whatever method I use
(channel mixer, colour mapping, hue/saturation on particular colour
channels), some other hues are also affected (green, blue).

I tried also Select by colour and modify just the selection, however, I
have not succeeded to correctly select just the skin tones.

Pictures are better then words, so here is an example (screenshot of
Picture Window Pro's Colour Correction). Image on the right is being
corrected to get closer to the image on the left, preview of the change
is on the top. Note that other hues (tree branches, clothes) on the
preview are the same as on the source image.

http://www.milan-knizek.net/files/tmp/Colour_Correction.jpg

Is there a way how to do this in GIMP?

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz