This is how I would do it, tho there may be other ways as well.  I would
duplicate the layer, do my color correction.  Add a layer mask and paint the
mask such that the areas that I did not want to be corrected showed through,
feathering the mask appropriately where necessary.  Perhaps kinda tedious if
you have a lot of images, but it would work.