Thank you -- It's surprising how much time I can spend looking in the wrong
places (googling
for this instead of just asking).
I'm sure there are other script-fu  filters I had been running, but can't
ask for them by name because I
don't remember what they were.  But you did say  "almost all ..."  so I
guess there are some that
were included in earlier versions but no longer?  Is that the case?  We've
lost some?
Would it be too much to ask for a kind of rundown on what's been lost,
what's still available?
And whether the "lost" features might later be "found"?
Thanks again,
Helen, using Gimp 2.4 on linux, Suse11

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:12 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Quoting Helen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > In the previous verion of Gimp that I was using until recently,
> > there was a Script-fu tab, with things like Old Photograph.
> > That was gimp 2.2.10.
> >
> > Now, I've upgraded to 2.4, and I no longer have the script-fu features.
> >
> > Is there something I can do to recover this feature?
>
> Almost all of the commands that used to be available under the
> Script-fu menu are still available; they've just been moved to more
> appropriate locations in the menus. Until you become familiar with
> their new locations, you can use the "Xtns->Plug-in Browser" to find
> the new location.
>
> For example, typing "old photo" into the Plug-in Browser provides its
> location as being "Filters->Decor->Old Photo".

Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11