Greetings;

Fedora 8, gimp 2.4.6.

I'm back again, trying to crop an image, again, yet, still.

I can cut and cut and cut till I have what I want, but not even the zealous
crop will get rid of the image area cut, it is still part of the image even
if I draw it exactly enclosed,  cut it, and open a new blank image and paste,
the white space at the top of the pix is still there.

I've also saved the zealous crop results, and reloaded it, but the white space
left after the cut is still, apparently forever a part of the image.  I don't
want it, and I sure as heck don't need it restricting where guntenprint can
put it on the paper because gutenprint will not allow the white space to be
expanded off the edge of the paper.

Darnit, I want to see the crosshatch indicating no data at all exists in that
area once I have selected it and cut it away.  If I can do it in the darkroom
on an enlarging easel & a pair of scissors (and I can and have many times in
the last 60 years), why can't I do it in gimp?

So what is the secret handshake that makes a cut operation a real, totally
nuked, its ALL GONE cut as if the data went 100% into the bit bucket?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)