Adonj Adonj wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Can the transparent layer which is represented by the gray squares be made
> invisible?
>
> Thanks, Adonj

The gray squares are there to make it obvious that the picture has a
transparency ("alpha") layer. If it is visible, then the opacity of the
other layers is less than 100% or the other visible layers do not cover
the entire image. When I use the alpha layer but don't want the gray
squares to bother me, I'll typically insert a white background layer
underneath all the other image layers. Then I turn off the background
layer before exporting the image to png (jpg doesn't support transparency).
Other people may have different ideas.