On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 03:06:22 +0100 (CET), Ed S. wrote:

> I don't know if this helps, but the Windows XP clipboard viewer
> (clipbrd.exe) says that Gimp is offering images of type "DIB Bitmap"
> and "Bitmap".

It appears there s a problem with the Bitmap format. If I try to view
the Bitmap format with the ClipBook Viewer, a message tells me that
"ClipBook Viewer cannot display the information in its current format
or there is not enough memory to display it. Quit one or more
application to increase the available memory, and then try again."

As I assume that 2G memory is enough, though, for a 750K image, then
it should be a problem with something else.
Perhaps Word tries this format in front of other.

(and Word is not the single application, the same type of problem
occurs when trying to copy and paste to Paint.NET, for example; there
it gives either "The image in the clipboard couldn't be recognized. Try
re-opening it with the original application that was used to qcquire
it", or "There is no usable image in the clipboard")