peter kostov wrote:
> David Gowers wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:08 PM, peter kostov <g...@light-bg.com>
>> wrote:

>>> That's good!
>>>
>>> I know I have to recompile them, but I don't know how to recompile them
>>> against a specific version of GIMP, not the system wide installed. And
>>> that is why I decided to ask you, before I upgrade my GIMP system wide.
>> Well, if you use the gimptool belonging to your 2.6 GIMP to compile
>> the plugin, rather than the systemwide gimptool, that should be
>> effective.
>>
>> David
>>

> Hm, thanks David, but it isn't so easy, because the package uses
> pkg-config too. So I tried to alter the Makefile by defining the path
> to the new gimptool and adding
> --define-variable=prefix=/home/peter/install/gimp to the pkg-config
> command to tell it where to search for libraries, but then the make
> failed with LOTS of errors like this:
> /home/peter/install/gimp/include/gimp-2.0/libgimpcolor/gimpcolorspace.h:76:
> error: expected ')' before '*' token
>

> Greetings,
> Peter

I don't know if this will help in your case; but in general I find it
better not to mess around with the Makefile and try to get round this
sort of problem by setting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
For example, PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkconfig (or wherever's
appropriate, instead of the system-wide /usr/lib/pkconfig) ; export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH; ./configure; make; make install

HTH
Doug