On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 10:35 -0600, DJ wrote:

> With the recent version of The Gimp, the File Menu was removed from
> the Tool Box window, and now there are 2 windows at all times. When I
> want to open an image, do a screen capture, change The Gimp
> Preference, etc, I have to rummage around for a currently open image
> to access the File menu. These usually are minimized.

It goes even further. The toolbox and dock windows are supposed to be
hidden if all your image windows are minimized (unfortunately this
doesn't work correctly with all window managers). So just forget about
the idea of adding a file menu to the toolbox. The toolbox is not a
normal toplevel window any longer, it's just a utility window for the
active image window.