On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Thufir <hawat.thu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pardon the delayed response.  I get the gist of what you're saying, and
> that's what I tried to do from the get-go.
> What I mean is that when re-open a file from gimp I can't seem to
> "select" the text, which I previously wrote and inserted, to delete or
> modify it.

An important thing to note: when you've opened the PDF in GIMP, the
vector and text information is lost - you've "ripped" it into an
image, and at that point you will have to treat it as an image (as
opposed to a PDF).   The size and res dialog you see when opening a
PDF determines what quality the resulting image will be.  You can
almost think of it as "printing to an image" as opposed to printing to
a physical printer.

Hope that makes sense.