On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 11:29 -0600, Dave 77459 wrote:
>  Thanks for the pointer.  Do you have a recommendation for settings?
> GIMPressionist seems to overlap brushes, rather than varying the size
> to fit available spaces without overlap.

No, I actually haven't used this filter in quit some time.  A number of
years back, before it was integrated into the GIMP, I used it to produce
this picture:

http://www.graphics-muse.org/wp/wp-content/gallery/fun/monroe-1.jpg

Not great, but it shows you can do something similar to the original
image you pointed at.  Unfortunately, I have no memory of the settings I
used to get this.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjham...@graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org