Hi,
capn...@yahoo.com (2009-02-04 at 0902.16 -0800):
> I have a large amout of .xcf that I would like to batch convert to .xcfgz is
> there an application that can do this?

Just run gzip *.xcf in a shell. Or look for a compression app that can
gzip multiple files separatelly (not tar then gzip... no idea if any
app does that alone, I just go with simpler g(un)zip for this).

As advice, save and use .xcf.gz instead of .xcfgz so you need no extra
steps, gunzip *.xcf.gz will revert the compression, but with .xcfgz
you will need some tricks to handle the renaming.

GSR