Hi saulgoode,

Thanks for your input, but I am afraid that you have completely
misunderstood the intent of my question.

- I want the visible "objects" (other than the background color)
currently in the image to remain exactly the same size.

- I want to increase the size of the canvas and fill the newly created
size/area with the background color -- which is exactly what happens
when "All Layers" is selected.

My question relates to configuring Gimp to remember the "All Layers"
setting in that dialog box instead of Gimp forgetting it every darn time.

Thanks.

Jay