The graphics guy sent me our logo as a .jpg so I created a new file with the
appropriate dimensions in the lasest GIMP for windows. I imported and scaled
down the logo to the appropriate size and placed it at the top, finished
adding the text, combined the layers and exported as a .tiff for the printer.
The logo and text resolution on the print out was terrible... I tried printing
it in the original GIMP format and as jpeg... same quality.

I then tried created the same add in Word 2007 and the image and text quality
was excellent :( I am a linux user and was rather frustrated and confused when
Word produced better print quality than GIMP. Any explanation or help greatly
appreciated. Thanks