Hi Gimp-user,

The Grokking the GIMP book uses modes in ways that I haven't seen
elsewhere. Most items I have read just say experiment with modes and
you'll come up with interesting effects. But Grokking actually gives
some practical examples, like using Multiple to create shadows, Screen
to create highlights, combining Normal with Screen, and Darken Only in
a layer mask to merge two images. If you don't mind the differences in
GIMP's user interface among versions, there is a lot of good stuff in
Grokking the Gimp book. The terminology and basics are still the same.

Anyone seen other good examples of using various Modes?

Thank you.