Hi everyone,

Gimp webpage states:
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
Ubuntu, Debian
Ubuntu or Debian users can simply run "apt-get install gimp" to get the
latest stable release of GIMP

Ubuntu repos states 2.4.6 is the latest:
# apt-get install gimp
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gimp is already the newest version.
[snip]
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.

Thus I presume I don't have the correct Gimp repositories enabled &
Ubuntu ones are not up-to-date for my version 8.04.  Does anyone know
which ones these are, and if I change to another repos for Gimp, will I
loose all the modifications, additional paintbrushes and plugins that I
have added over the past six months as these might located in a
different file structure?

Regards, S.

PS.  I don't think these Emails are getting through to the Gimp mailing
list because I never receive these myself.  If someone does receive any
of my list Emails please let me know.