On Friday 05 March 2010, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
>* Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@gmail.com> [03-05-10 11:16]:
>> The print head in my Epson NX515 is in serious need of cleaning.  This
>> device doesn't seem to have readily available maintenance menu for this
>> until some powerup timeout has expired.  And then its buried behind other
>> less important stuff.  And it looks as if the first pass didn't get all
>> the plugged nozzles.
>>
>> :(
>>
>> MTink used to be able to do this immediately so one didn't have to wait
>> around 15-20 minutes for the printer to decide to let one do it.
>>
>> MTink has now lain semi-dormant for around 3 years and can no longer
>> access the newer printers.
>>
>> Is there any hope of linux ever having a working utility for this again?
>
>escputil packaged in gutenprint will do this function and check the
>nozzles and display ink levels, ...

The version I have only supports the NX's up to 400.  That driver doesn't
work with an NX-515.

I just found a tarball of 5.2.4, built and installed it, but then checked the
rpm version for F10, they are the same.  So not much help there.  I take it
there is an even newer version?  Link?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them,
but to be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity.
                -- G.B. Shaw