I'm with you.  I don't see the value of changing the name because a tiny
minority of intolerant agitators threaten to bully the maintainers.

The name is self-deprecatory, like "less" as a response to "more."  It's
an ironic response to the hyperbolic, boastful names of many commercial
programs.

-rei