On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Greg A. <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> Well, you'll recognize me :-)  I've learned much, have copied my picture over
> a background having 2 layers. The picture is semi-transparent, just what I
> want. But the picture has a small part I need to either cut, clear, or somehow
> get rid of. All I can manage to do is Free Select and draw around what I want
> to cut but when I cut the image actually gets more bold and clear. What am I
> missing?  Thanks....

I'm not sure what you mean by "bold and clear". Usually "clear" is a
good thing, but you don't seem to like your "clear". :)

Anyway, try this method:

Also, when using selection to erase parts of an image, you can control
the softness of the edge by using Select > Feather.

Branko Vukelić

Check out my blog: http://www.brankovukelic.com/
Check out my portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxbunny/
Registered Linux user #438078 (http://counter.li.org/)