Greg A. wrote:

> The picture is semi-transparent, just what I
> want. But the picture has a small part I need to either cut, clear, or somehow
> get rid of. All I can manage to do is Free Select and draw around what I want
> to cut but when I cut the image actually gets more bold and clear.

Sounds to me like you are only applying the selection to one layer. Make
your selection, and perform your cut; then, in the layer dialog, select
successive layers without moving the selection, and cut the same part
out of each layer.

Alternatively, if the entire image is as you want it to be, and you have
no need for maintaining the separate layers, merge the layers together,
and then make your cut.

ns