11/2/2010 11:13 PM keltezéssel, Lorenzo Bettini írta:
> Hi
> I must admit I'm kind of newbie in image editing... I was trying to
> resize a photo to 5x7 cm, using the scale image dialog, using
> centimeters...  however the resulting image is smaller, and also the
> grid, when set to cm, (using 100% zoom) uses something that's smaller
> than a centimeter...  what am I doing wrong?
> thanks in advance
>       Lorenzo

I think a possible reason can be: The resolution of your monitor is
better than the resolution set in Scale Image window. I tried and
experienced the same thing as you, and I got a 5x7 cm square with X and
Y resolution 89 pixels/in on my monitor.

The reason of this is that at 100% zoom level, gimp indicates each pixel
of the picture on one pixel of the monitor, independently from
resolution. Resolution and image size in pixels determine together the
image size in cm. The meaning of image size of 5x7 cm for eg. 72
pixels/in when your monitor has a different resolution is that if you
print your image with the set resolution, you will get the an 5x7 cm
image. (72 pixel/in printed is quite poor resolution.)