2011/3/16 Krzysztof Żelechowski <giecr...@stegny.2a.pl>:
> When I create a curve to apply to an image, GIMP gives me only two choices:
> a freehand curve and a smooth curve.  I need to apply a stepping curve
> (piecewise flat) and I am out of luck because there is no such option.
> Please help.

There's a function in the PDB called gimp-curves-explicit:

"Modifies the intensity mapping for one channel in the specified
drawable. The drawable must be either grayscale or RGB, and the
channel can be either an intensity component, or the value. The
'curve' parameter is an array of bytes which explicitly defines how
each pixel value in the drawable will be modified. Use the
'gimp-curves-spline' function to modify intensity levels with Catmull
Rom splines."

So I guess it would theoretically be possible to write a script or
plug-in for this.