On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 7:09 PM, rich <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> I think you will have to fake it. Draw the curve and keep it as a path.
> Assuming you want (say) the x-axis to have equal increments, set up the grid,
> enable snap-to-grid, and paint constraining the line with shift for
> point-to-point and ctrl for angles
... here's how to use the path as specification for a curves-alike
0. Install Rob Antonishen's "Sample Gradient along Path" Script 
1. Create image 256x256 pixels
2. Draw gradient black to white from bottom to top
3. Create the desired curve as a path
4. Create a new gradient via "sample gradient along path"
- with 256 steps and
- sample radius = 1
5. Switch to target image
6. Apply Colors->Map->Gradient Map
not for the faint of heart...
Gimp-user mailing list