On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 04:24 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 4/19/11, Leonard Evens wrote:
> > I keep posing questions about this but so far I haven't gotten a useful
> > response.
>
> You think reference to LensFun is not useful?

I don't remember being told about this.

But it turns out that I had a lensfun library installed.  I didn't have
the actual plug-in.  So I compiled it and put the plug-in in my personal
plug-in directory.  It seems to work quite well.  It examines the exif
entry to determine the lens and lens setting.

What I don't understand is how I managed to have the library installed
without the plugin.