>On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 8:27 PM, FortKnox <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
>> Is there any way to just rotate a rectangular image?  I have often scanned
>> in something that's not square, it's often a brochure that's taller than it
>> is wide.  But when I scanned it, I had turn it sideways to get the whole
>> thing visible to the scanner.

There is a straighten-and-crop script at

This takes a path and rotates the image accordingly.  It can use an optional
script 'postrotate', no longer in registry.gimp.org, (very slow and often gives
odd results, so use the alternative setting) but if you want to try that, with
straighten-and-crop, you can find it here

rich (via gimpusers.com)