Hello all,
        Could somebody help me out?  I am trying to cut a person out of one
picture and put it into another picture.  I used to do this with gif's
and web pages by makeing the background all one color and assigning the
color as transparent.   I am trying to do that in gimp with two seperate
pictures.  I have my girlfriend posing in one picture and I have taken
pictures of different places that I would like to paste just her on top
of the other pictures and have it look like she was actually there.
        I am current using gimp version 1.0.4.  Does anybody know an easy way
of doing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
             Brian Weber