Brian Weber wrote:
> and web pages by makeing the background all one color and assigning the
> color as transparent.   I am trying to do that in gimp with two seperate
> pictures.  I have my girlfriend posing in one picture and I have taken
> pictures of different places that I would like to paste just her on top
> of the other pictures and have it look like she was actually there.

Well you can do it in gimp too with layers. Use a really odd color(like
blue) for filling the unwanted area in your friend's pic. Then select it
with the fuzzy select tool and cut it away. On a new layer paste the
background that you need.

Now to position your friend's pic, go to the pic layer. Use C-a to
select all and the move tool to position precisely.

Is there anything that I am overlooking here?

-Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
[EMAIL PROTECTED]