Hi Raoul,

> I want to automatically combine several image files (*.pbm)
> into one image with each of the combined files on a seperate
> layer.

        As one helpful soul explained it to me:

        1. Create a workspace large enough to hold the combined size of
           the images. You apparently can't expand the canvas once it
           has been sized.

        2. Copy the first image, and place where required. Open the
           "Layers" pop-up. You will have a "Background" and a "Floating
           Layer" present. Click on the "Floating Layer", and select
           "New Layer". You can now rename the "Floating Layer" as
           necessary.

        3. Repeat for all remaining images.

                                                        Bruce