I'm experimenting with a perl script for web buttons (posted to the
registry) which uses this code for each button:

        my $textlayer=$image->text_fontname(

The only problem is that the text from different buttons end up
looking wrong depending on what characters are in each text string.
Ie, whether the characters have any decenders or ascenders.

Leaving perl_fu_center_layer() out is no better.  Ignoring the lack of
horizontal centering, the vertical placement is still off.

I suspect placing the baseline at a fixed point in each image may look
better.  One solution would be to concatenate all of the text strings,
render and centre that, and use that placement to vertically place all
of the other text layers.  But that feels more kludgy than hacky to me.

Does anyone have any good ideas or solutions to this?

James H. Cloos, Jr.  <URL:http://jhcloos.com/public_key> 1024D/ED7DAEA6
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  E9E9 F828 61A4 6EA9 0F2B  63E7 997A 9F17 ED7D AEA6
        Save Trees:  Get E-Gold! <URL:http://jhcloos.com/go?e-gold>