On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 07:01:55PM +0200, Hugo Cornelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Most of you advised me to use convert (instead of the gimp) to create
> animated gifs. The problem this gave is that it turned my 10 test gifs of
> < 3 KB into a an animation of several MB's (compression did not seem to

the compression algorithm usually used for gifs is patented, and not included
by default in imagemagick. you have to use the configure option --enable-lzw
to make it work.

> tested of course), that's why I tried using gimp.

The key to success in live is to combine different tools to make use of
their individual strength ;) You can always load then save the image from
within the Gimp. It all depends on wether you want to invest real work to
write a script that does it all at once or wether you just want to create
the animation once.