> I got two main subjects: First of all I shout out a big "Hello",

Hello, too!

> Now here's the problem: I want to create a six-corner-polygon. I
> learned by doing, that I can create rectangles and circles using the
> select-tool and filling it. (btw: how can I produce a non-filled-
> rectangle??)

Well, Gimp is not a vector oriented program. If you want to work with
polygons in Gimp the GFig plugin (included in at least Gimp 1.1.x) is
your friend. Another possibility are paths (Bezier). Have a look at
http://gug.sunsite.dk for a neat path tutorial.

If you need a circle/triangle/... outline then just draw the polygon on
a transparent layer and do an <Image>-Layers-Alpha to selection. Then
shrink the selection and cut it.

CU, Michael

---=[       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       ]=---
---=[ http://technoid.xodox.com ]=---