Hi everyone,

> Someone told me that if I zoom in at a small portion of
> an image, the rest of the maybe huge image shouldn't at
> that moment be loaded into memory...is this true for
> gimp?

Depends what you are doing.  When changing a small area zoom in, as it can be much
faster - gimp
doesn't have to redraw so many pixels.  However, if you want to do actions that affect
the whole
image then be prepared to wait.  If multiple images require the same actions, then
perhaps run
GIMP in batch mode - but you'll need to do some programming.

Jonathan Paton

Do You Yahoo!?