Thanks for the help about rgb - I didn't know that. Problem is, even after
I've indexed it, and kept it below a palette of 255 colors, I'm still
getting "unknown file type" when I try to save it as a gif. The only options
available are CEL, PNG, PSD, AND TGA (ugh!) It simply won't open and files
with a .gif extension.

Thank you again for putting up with me....