On 29.05.2013 16:00, Konfrare Albert wrote:
Thanks for your response, Michael

Yes, this is a OS X-specific problem with this build:
http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/Download.html

I'm confused...

So all the extra add-on in this packages come with a Catalan translation, but it somehow does not work on OSX?

If not, then the same would happen on all platforms if those add-ons were bundled.

Others downloads, could have incomplete translations according to
translation percentage: https://l10n.gnome.org/module/gimp/#gimp-2-8 but
these incomplete translations can be solved easily for the community.
The plugins translations is a more complexe problem.

About the plugin's translations, I'm interested in this question.
How can plugin's authors add translations to gnome damned-lies?

They should add translations to their own plug-ins. If there is no infrastructure for this yet, then maybe some organization can create one?

I'm not sure if you realize it, but you are basically asking us to tell volunteers that bundling add-ons without complete translations is discouraged and will get links to their GIMP builds removed from www.gimp.org.

I somehow doubt that this would be beneficial to the availability of ready-made GIMP packages.

--
Regards,
Michael