Am 17.11.2013 16:23, schrieb Kaufmann, Toschi:
> Dear All,
> I used GIMP in study for the measurement of ultrasound images of the cervix
> of dairy cattle.
> Now I would like to publish an article in an international journal.
> The publishers wish a date and town in the reference section for the software.

For the date, I'd use the release date of the GIMP version you used.

For the town, this is more complicated - contributions to GIMP come from
all over.

We have, to our knowledge, not received extraterrestrial (neither alien
nor human) contributions yet, so "Earth" would be a good compromise to
cover all of them.

--
Regards,
Michael