On 31.12.2013 11:39, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Scott Ritchie wrote:

>> second website
>> http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
> This is the recommend location for downloading, and for Windows users
> we don't show MD5 or stuff. The download link is quite obvious.
> It _could_ be a button indeed. Something to work on in due time.

What has to be considered here is the overwhelming number of
button-look-a-likes that lead users to malicious copies of the software
they want - we should not contribute to this automatic behavior, if is
one of the reasons why we left SF, after all.

I'd suggest that we make 'Download GIMP 2.8.10' a link to the HTTP url
as well, and keep the rest as-is.