On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 12:19 PM Michael Schumacher <schum...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 08/19/2015 04:55 PM, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> > Sorry I missed this. Who when and why decided for markdown?
> #gimp on irc.gimp.org
> I think all active contributors to anything GIMP should make an effort
> to be there, otherwise it is really easy to miss out on stuff.

I mentioned the WGO_Redesign page on the wiki (
http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=WGO_Redesign), in this msg:

I hadn't heard any feedback, so began working with what I had.  It is not
tied to markdown.  We can still use restructured text or even html, but I
outlined reasons why I felt a simple markup format can only help (as
opposed to expecting contribs to write in pure (x)html markup).