John,

Pelican uses the Jinja temptations engine. I've taken a base, barebones
framework from that, and modified both the markup and css of the templates
to generate the site layout and presentation.

It should be mostly responsive to various screen resolutions already,
requiring only minor tweaks to fix a few oddball things (hopefully).