I don't use Whirr...I haven't heard it mentioned on this forum yet.  Anyone?

Avery

On 4/4/12 9:30 PM, Paolo Castagna wrote:
Hi,
seen this?

   WHIRR-530 - Add Giraph as a service
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-530

This could be quite useful for users who want to give Giraph a spin on cloud
infrastructure, just for testing or to run a few small experiments.
My experience with Whirr an small 10-20 nodes clusters has be quite positive.
Less so for larger clusters, but it more a problem/limit with the cloud
provider rather than Whirr itself. I think.

Whirr makes extremely easy and pleasant deploy stuff on-demand.

... and Whirr already supports YARN:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-391

Is any Giraph developers/users here also a Whirr user?

Paolo