Hello list,

I'm actually having troubles as well to get my application running.

I've give a shot to maven-shade plugin which unpacks my dependencies
and packs them all together with my classes in a new jar.

I attach the hierarchy of the jar so that somebody can maybe spot
what's missing, because i can't get it working. I get an identity
map-reduce job with jobconf complaining about no job jar being set.

Any idea?

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Gianmarco,
> You're right, most of us (to my knowledge) have been using Giraph with an
> uberjar as you've put it.  However, Jakob has been doing some work to make
> this easier.  See the below issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-64
> If you can suggest a better approach, please add to the issue or create a
> new one if appropriate.
> Thanks,
> Avery
> On 11/5/11 4:11 AM, Gianmarco De Francisci Morales wrote:
>> Hi community,
>> I was wondering what is the current best practice to package an
>> application in a jar for deployment.
>> I tried the 'hadoop way' by putting giraph-*.jar in the /lib directory of
>> my jar, and using the -libjars option but none of them worked. It looks like
>> the backend classloader is doing some mess and it doesn't find my own
>> classes in the jar.
>> I resorted to uncompressing the giraph-*.jar and repackaging my classes
>> with it, all at the same level (an uber-fat jar), but even though it works
>> it doesn't sound like the right approach.
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Gianmarco