As Jake mentioned, you can have continous processing by making the
mappers in Giraph stop based on an external condition ( I.e.
Specifically asked to do so ) and one can call voteForHalt() only if
that condition is satisfied.

Additionally, the VertexInputSource can be modified to read it from a
continuous input ( like ActiveMQ or even a port ) potentially outside
of HDFS.

--
Sent from my mobile device