Interesting idea. You could actually implement the code to load the new input data in preSuperstep(). If the input data is resilient (i.e. stored on HDFS), then the system would inherit Giraph's reliability guarantees. Implementing an external trigger to stop the application wouldn't be too difficult, (i.e. dump a file stamp or something and check for it every n supersteps). Still, as I'm not that familiar with Storm, what would be the advantages of this over Storm?

Avery