Ah, I see.  So based on what you've written here, I suspect that you will
need to override, at the very least, your record reader.  Every call to
next() will throw away the previous line.  So, if there are two vertices
on that line, I don't think that the canned TextInputFormat will parse
your data correctly.  Writing a vertexRecordReader is not too hard. .
.just make sure you know where the singletons are.  I was bit by
singletons a couple months ago when making a giraph vertexRecordReader.

-David