On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 04:10:24AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 09:54:51AM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> > > diff.c | 3 ++-
> > > diffcore-pickaxe.c | 18 ++++++++----------
> > > xdiff-interface.c | 13 ++++---------
> > > 3 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)
> > I just realized that this should switch the test_expect_failure from 1/3
> > to a test_expect_success.
> Yep. I wonder if we also would want to test that we correctly find
> regexes inside binary files.
> E.g., given a mixed binary/text file like:
> printf 'binary\0text' >file &&
> git add file &&
> git commit -m file
> then "git log -Stext" will find that file, but "--pickaxe-regex" will
> not (using stock git). Ditto for "-Gtext".
> Your patch should fix that.
Of course if I had actually _looked carefully_ at your patch, I would
have seen that your test doesn't just check that we don't segfault, but
actually confirms that we find the entry.
Sorry for the noise.