On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 04:14:46AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 04:10:24AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 09:54:51AM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> > > > diff.c | 3 ++-
> > > > diffcore-pickaxe.c | 18 ++++++++----------
> > > > xdiff-interface.c | 13 ++++---------
> > > > 3 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)
> > >
> > > I just realized that this should switch the test_expect_failure from 1/3
> > > to a test_expect_success.
> > Yep. I wonder if we also would want to test that we correctly find
> > regexes inside binary files.
> > E.g., given a mixed binary/text file like:
> > printf 'binary\0text' >file &&
> > git add file &&
> > git commit -m file
> > then "git log -Stext" will find that file, but "--pickaxe-regex" will
> > not (using stock git). Ditto for "-Gtext".
> > Your patch should fix that.
> Of course if I had actually _looked carefully_ at your patch, I would
> have seen that your test doesn't just check that we don't segfault, but
> actually confirms that we find the entry.
> Sorry for the noise.
Actually, I take it back again. Your test case doesn't have an embedded
NUL in it (so we check that git finds it, but aside from the lack of
segfault, stock git would already find it).
Sorry for the double-noise.