Jeff King <> writes:

> [1] Is there a word to mean the "pluralness" of a noun or verb (similar
>     to "tense" for a verb).

I've seen "plural vs singular" often mentioned in the context of
subject and verb agreement. talks about agreement "in gender,
number, person, or case", so "number" may be the word you are
looking for.

> Surely there is, but I could not think of
>     it. I wanted to say here that the pluralness of "what" and "are"
>     does not match (it seems like "what" is a mass noun, which usually
>     matches a singular verb).
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to
More majordomo info at

Reply via email to