Hi Matt,
from what version (or commit?) are you upgrading? How did you try to
upgrade it? If you are not updating from 2.4.x version you should look into
manual upgrading guide:
https://gitorious.org/gitorious/ce-installer/source/74b2b7c5f673df789fec1b7050861f536db7b696:upgrading.md

The restore command has been moved to bin/restore in 3.0.

Cheers,
Pawel