On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 07:07 AM, Frederick Noronha (FN)
wrote:

> Dr Richard Heeks, an e-governance expert based at Britain's Manchester
> University, says, "At present, IT is reinforcing more than attacking
> inequality"

vs.

> Bhoomi's pragmatic designer, revenue director and Karnataka's first
> e-secretary Rajeev Chawla,
> As to the illiteracy and gender issues, he says: "IT cannot be held
> responsible for solving all of India's problems."

I don't see any evidence in this article that the system is CREATING
problems, and I do see evidence that it is REDUCING them. People with a
beef often use a time of change to make sure their beef is heard, which
is good, but they should not use that to undermine what is, in balance,
a positive change.

simon