So far I have placed 4 orders with GEG or global. The first pair I
ordered was in a frame they no longer have, even though I ordered it
sometime in early Sept. It is a black plastic sun-glass frame with
some silver on the side of the temples and is really very flashy, the
bridge is a little large for me and they look really strange but I
love them. The only reason they look strange is that I ordered them
with their Carl Zeiss lens which they do not tint. These would have
been fabulous with a tint. But what I love about them is that of all
my clear glasses these are the absolute best for seeing!!!! They are
so good that many times I don't care at all what they look like I love
to see through that lens.
So.... I placed another order, in a lighter colored plastic frame with
Zeiss lenses. (Boy I wish they had he option of Zeiss lined bifocals
on the pages that check out, they have many choices on the lens choice
page but I have not yet used chat and asked about doing that. I did
have one email with Sheryl though about a frame I saw on ebay that
they lens and was directed back to ebay and I suppose then they would
be doing the lenses. (But I am just guessing.)
Anyway my second order is a single vision clear Zeiss and the lens on
the right aches my eye. Zeiss lenses have a water mark, and I noticed
that the lens water marks are a couple of mm off in height between he
right and left lenses. My rx is real low -.50 with no astigmatism, but
I really need something for driving especially at night and I can't
see close up anymore. I also don't like taking the time to wear make-
up unless I really need to be presentable for something so now that I
have discovered online eyeglass shopping eyeglasses are becoming my
make-up. LOL
Anyway, I didn't say anything about the second pair yet, although I
might, (I would rather have been in your shoes and not have had to). I
have only had them a week or so and now a clear pair arrived from
Zenni which is good so I can send the ones that hurt my right eye back
and see if they can adjust or change that one lens. (I should write
them.) In that second order was a pair for one of my sons which was
also off but the frames were also way to small and they were very
cheap in a tinted plastic single vision so I'm not going to bother
anyone with that.
The third pair I ordered are also gone from their site, I ordered them
in a tinted plastic single vision. They are great and a bargain and
also are very clear in vision, (but I admit I have a thing for the
Zeiss lenses.) This third pair is really nice though. I immediately
wore them.
Than I saw something new on the sun-glass page, I just had to have it!
I just checked and it is still there. I'm afraid to say what it is but
it isn't going to last long, and unlike the brown plastic tinted ones
I was able to order it in a bifocal. I can't wait till they get here.
Anyway, all I can say is don't worry. Your glasses will arrive. Global
is a good company and right here in the USA. Their turn around time
has been shorter for me than any of the other companies. I think I
received both my first and second order before the ones from Zenni
which is overseas, and was ordered at the same time. So even
considering that they are redoing them before they go out, you will
probably get them in your hands before you would have from off shore.
(I do get glasses from off shore also. Been disappointed with
Goggles4u and very happy with Zenni, recently placed a discount-
eyeglass order for one of my children, and have a re-lens going on at
ReplaceAlens in a drive wear, which hasn't arrived but when it does
I'll post on it. I know 39dollar or someone does drivewear for less
but I wanted bifocal in my own frames on that pair. Pricey to try
drivewear in bifocal but it made the most sense with the frame and if
they come out well, I have more frames to send out.) I married a man
with glasses, and have children in college that want to look good and
also need glasses, so I have been doing lots of shopping even though
the banks are in trouble. LOL
Alice

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Check us out at the oft-updated http://www.glassyeyes.com!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GlassyEyes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/glassyeyes?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to