I'm pretty sure you have "progressives" and "transitions" lenses mixed-up.
Progressives are a type of bi-focal and they don't have anything to do with
tints or changing colors.  Transition lens change color and darken as light
gets brighter.  You ordered progressive lens in a grey tint and that sounds
like what you got....

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Todd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>
> This is a duplicate of a post in the general discussion area. Delete
> it if it is inappropriate to double post here. I meant to put it in
> this area but am new to google groups.
>
> I made my first order through the glassyeyes link for the 10% discount
> a couple weeks back. I have ordered before but just through the
> optical4less sight. I have always had a great experience.
>
> This order I have hit a slight hitch. I am going to find out how good
> the customer service is. I ordered a pair of titanium rimless glasses.
> On the  site I choose the bifocal/progessive option and then I enter
> all the data and get to the section of where I choose the lens type. I
> wanted to try the "PRECISION (R) customized progressive lenses.
> Recommended by Optometrists. The ultimate comfortable progressive
> lenses! " lenses. So I chose the top choice in that category, I
> noticed "Customized polarize multi-focal progressive lenses" just a
> bit lower but in the same section and the colors are changing from
> dark to clear (This is what I want, to change from dark to clear
> depending on where I am. I clicked the "Info" button just to the right
> and highlighted in yellow in the description is this "**Limited-time
> Trail Offer
> Since the Precision Customized progressive lenses series launched in
> Nov, 2006. It is a new technology optical product.
> We are offering the LIMITED-TIME discounts to make the new Customized
> progressive lenses affordable to a larger number of customers.
> Nowadays, customers have great interests in the transitional
> progressive lenses, so we have selected the product of Customized 1.56
> index Transitional progressive lenses and offer special discount rate
> as a TRAIL OFFER.
> The promotion enables new wearers to experience the benefits of the
> Customized 1.56 index Transitions progressive lenses at a huge
> discount rate, $ 198 USD only !(not $298)
> Don't lose this opportunity to try this new technology lenses! It's
> offered for a limited- period only!"
>
> This is exactly what I want so I clicked the grey button that is
> flashing from grey to clear. My order looks like this:
> Frame : titanium T051 Black   Use : Progressive
> Lens Type : Precision_polarize_grey  $238.00 USD (this is more than
> the 198.00 advertised but I guess prices go up)
>
> Anyway when I got my glasses yesterday they are just grey all the
> time. They will not change color. I hope they were not zapped by an x-
> ray machine in shipping or something. I think since I ordered a pair
> of sunglasses on the same order there may have just been an error.
>
> I have started a trouble ticket.
>
> I will post back how customer service is.
>
> Todd
>
> >
>


-- 
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a
cross." -- Sinclair Lewis

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Check us out at the oft-updated http://www.glassyeyes.com!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GlassyEyes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/glassyeyes?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to