From: gmsh [mailto:gmsh-boun...@ace20.montefiore.ulg.ac.be] On Behalf Of
A.Mesut Boz
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:13 AM
To: gmsh@onelab.info
Subject: [SUSPICIOUS SENDER] [Gmsh] Help on format ASCII 2

Hello,

I am a master level mechanical engineer using gmsh 3.0.6 GUI to build meshes
for my CFD studies. I use the output of ASCII 2 as an input to matlab mesh
reader function (which is a function of redbKIT library). My problem is when i
save mesh files as .msh extension and ASCII 2 format, the matlab function does
not read it. On the other hand when i generate exactly the same .msh file wih
my linux computer it works.

The error of matlab function: Syntax error (no $Elements) in: geometry.msh

My -not working- msh file is generated in windows 10, it had the system default
language as turkish, but my linux is in english. So i thought the problem may
be related to the operating system generating/reading the files with different
arrays or binaries of characters (because of language difference). So i changed
my windows language as english but problem still exists.

Have you ever met with that problem before? If so, what can be the solution to
it?
In theory, i have two same txt or msh files but one works the other one does
not. What is their difference you think?

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards

--
Abdullah Mesut Boz